About Leavitt’s Freight Service
Leavitt’s Freight Service was established in 1958 by three brothers—Doug, Dean, and Dewey Leavitt—and is still privately held. The Company was founded on three philosophies: Honesty, Integrity, and Family.
At Leavitt’s, we see the trucking industry from a distinctive point of view... yours. We think like you because we used to be you. Many of our managers and office staff began their careers as drivers, including driver managers, the safety manager, training personnel, orientation instructors, maintenance personnel, and our recruiting staff. We still clearly remember what it's like to hop into that rig for the first time in a new job.
Leavitt’s provides you opportunities you won't find anywhere else: industry leading training, great pay and home time, top of the line equipment, and a home with the best drivers in flatbed trucking.
Thank you for considering Leavitt’s Freight Service for your next driving job.
Let our experience work for you!
- Why Join Leavitt's?
- Home Time
Why Join Leavitt's?
- Leavitt’s drivers consistently earn $58K to $68K year, averaging $1,100 to $1,500 per week. See additional information in the Pay tab.
- Guaranteed Transition Pay. Drivers with two years of experience earn a minimum of $1000 a week for the first 4 weeks. This includes orientation and training time prior to solo release. It makes starting a new job less stressful.
- Industry leading Medical Benefits and 401(k)
INDUSTRY-LEADING HOME TIME
- Earn one full day off for every five or more days worked during a traditional Monday through Sunday work week.
- For Semi Trucks, 70% of volume is in WA, CA, and OR. The rest is in the 11 Western states with occasional east-bound loads. Volunteers get priority, and there's no forced dispatch.
- For Maxi Trucks, lanes are in the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada.
SUPERIOR SAFETY, TRAINING, and EQUIPMENT
- No previous flatbed experience is necessary. We train all new hire drivers to Leavitt's load securement standards, which are the best in the industry.
- Leavitt's has an exemplary safety record, evidenced by our good CSA scores and low number of workers compensation claims and truck accidents.
- Our fleet is comprised of late model Kenworths and Freightliners.
STRONG DRIVER SUPPORT
- We work to accommodate your preferences—the freight lanes you want and home time you need.
- Most importantly, we're small enough to know you by name and personally work with you to balance your job and quality of life.
Come join us.
Leavitt’s takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry. To qualify, you must:
- Have a valid CDL Class A
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Have a minimum of 1 year of tractor trailer experience
- Flatbed experience preferred
- Acceptably pass the required company physical agility test, DOT physical, drug test, Leavitt's in-truck driving test, and meet all DOT requirements
- In the most recent three years, have an acceptable driving record as reflected in a MVR with no serious traffic violations and no major preventable accidents
- Have good, stable, and verifiable work history
- Be able to fulfill the physical demands of the job
Company Driver Pay
Leavitt’s drivers consistently earn $58K to $68K a year, averaging $1,100 to $1,500 per week.
- Cents Per Mile (CPM) and Transition Pay
- Semi - 40 CPM (base), 50 CPM w/ Accessorial Pay
- Maxi (Non-Canadian Legal) - 46 CPM (base), 58 CPM w/ Accessorial Pay
- Maxi (Canadian Legal) - 48 CPM (base), 60 CPM w/ Accessorial Pay
- Guaranteed Transition Pay - $1000/week minimum for the first 4 weeks
- Accessorial Pay
- Mileage Productivity Bonus
- Over-Length and Over-Width Incentives
- Stop, Drop, and Switch Pay
- Tarp and Untarp Pay
- Float Load and Unload Pay
- Layover and Breakdown Pay
- Border Crossing Pay
- Random Drug Testing Stipend
Health Care Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance available for drivers and their dependents.
- Coverage begins on the first day of the month after 30 days of employment. For example, if your hire date is April 14th, your insurance would begin on June 1st.
- Free Basic Life Insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- PTO is based on years of service.
- 1 year - 1 week PTO
- 2 years - 2 weeks PTO
- 5 years - 3 weeks PTO
- 10 years - 4 weeks PTO
- No charge for passengers 12 and older. You must be employed for 90 days to qualify.
- One dog (50 lb max) allowed with $1500 deposit and health records.
At Leavitt’s, balancing your wages and home time is of the utmost importance.
- Get home weekly if you're a driver who lives in our core hiring areas.
- Earn a full day off for every five or more worked during a traditional Monday through Sunday week.
- Schedule home time through driver managers.