About Leavitt’s Freight Service
Leavitt’s Freight Service was established in 1958 by three brothers - Doug, Dean, and Dewey Leavitt, and is still privately held. The Company was founded on three philosophies: Honesty, Integrity, and Family.
At Leavitt’s, we see the trucking industry from a distinctive point of view... yours. We think like you, because we used to be you. Many of our managers and office staff began their careers as drivers, including driver managers, safety manager, training personnel, orientation instructors, maintenance personnel, and our recruiting staff. We still clearly remember what it's like to hop into that rig for the first time in a new job.
Leavitt’s provides you opportunities you won't find anywhere else: industry leading training, great pay and home time, top of the line equipment, and a home with the best drivers in flatbed trucking.
Thank you for considering Leavitt’s Freight Service for your next driving job.
Let our experience work for you!
- Why Join Leavitt's?
- Home Time
Why Join Leavitt's?
- Guaranteed Transition Pay. Leavitt’s will pay two (2) year experienced drivers $1,000 a week for your first four weeks starting from your date of hire. Drivers with one (1) to two (2) years verifiable experience are paid $625 a week. Starting a new job can be stressful on you and your family. We feel our Transition Pay helps to make it easier.
- Safety First. We have a responsibility to our drivers, our customers, and to our community to operate safely. We continually teach and train our drivers on best safety practices.
- Integrity in our actions. We do what we say. We conduct business in a high standard of excellence.
- Support. At Leavitt’s you can expect a family atmosphere, support, and recognition. We are dedicated to the success of our drivers.
- Quality Equipment. Leavitt's knows that great drivers want to drive great, well-maintained, and safe equipment. We maintain a superior CSA Maintenance Rating. Drivers operate 2012-2015 Kenworth T-660 tractors with owner operator specs. New Freightliner Cascadia's on order!
Want to know more about a company just ask the people who work for it. Our drivers like working with Leavitt’s because they believe in what we do and how we do it. Our drivers are our best reference.
Come work with us.
Leavitt’s takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry.
- Have a valid CDL Class A
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the operation of a tractor/trailer.
- Flatbed experience preferred.***
- Acceptably pass the required company physical agility test and D.O.T. physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test and meet all D.O.T. requirements.
- In the most recent three (3) years, have an acceptable driving record as reflected in a MVR with no serious traffic violations and no major preventable accidents.
- Have good stable and verifiable work history
- Be able to fulfill the physical demands of the job
Company Driver Pay
Leavitt’s offers one of the best truck driver pay packages in the flatbed trucking industry.
- Pay is based on OTR experience and your productivity. We pay base mileage pay and also an additional CPM from .02 to .17 cpm for loads that are 61’ and longer. When drivers are top mileage performers they can add up to .06 cpm more to their wages. We call this “Dash for Cash” or D4C.
- How does this all add up? Leavitt’s Professional drivers can earn between $58k and $67k per
year. When assigned to our OTR Fleet. Heavy Haul drivers are between $58k and $68K annually.
(Keep in mind these are averages well above the ATA and TCA published wages for the national average for flatbed company drivers. They report numbers of 50k to 56k)
- Drivers that run Canada lanes IE: Short haul/Heavy Haul Fleets earn .02CPM all miles.
- You are paid for EVERY stop (including first and last) of $10.50
- TARP PAY is paid $20 to put them on and then $20 to take them off a total of $40.
- Refer a driver and you can earn a $1000 bonus plus a .01cpm for up to 12 months.
- Guaranteed Transition Pay! $1,000 a week from day 1 for four (4) weeks. This INCLUDES Orientation. (Must have 2 years exp.)
|Base cpm pay||OTR||Heavy Haul||Heavy Haul w/passport|
|0-2 Years Experience||.38||.44||.46|
|2 Plus Years Experience||.40||.46||.48|
|Oversize Load Length||Pay out on loaded miles|
|101 + Load||.17|
|Dash For Cash Mileage Goals||Pay Out Each Payday|
|2000 miles + per week/4000+ per pay period||.02 cpm extra all miles|
|2250 miles + per week/4500+ per pay period||.04 cpm extra all miles|
|2500 miles + per week/5000+ per pay period||.06 cpm extra all miles|
Health Care Benefits
- Leavitt's offers Medical, Dental and Vision insurance to drivers and their dependents
- The Medical, Dental and Vision insurance starts on the first day of the month following 30 days from hire date. (example hire April 14th, insurance starts June 1st)
- Basic Life Insurance coverage is provided by Leavitt's or available to purchase for larger amounts.
Vacation Pay / PTO
Paid vacation time based on your years-of-service:
- 1 year of service - 1 week PTO/Vacation
- 2 years of service - 2 weeks PTO/Vacation
- 5 years of service - 3 weeks PTO/Vacation
- 10 years of service - 4 weeks PTO/Vacation
NO Charge rider policy for passengers 12 and older. (must be employed 90 days)
One dog (50lb max) allowed with $1500 deposit and health records.
At Leavitt’s home time is of utmost importance and is the foundation for which our entire business model was built. Our goal of getting drivers home.
- Drivers who live in our core hiring area can expect to get to or through home weekly.
- Scheduled quality home time every 10 – 14 days.
- Our operations department works diligently to meet driver home time expectations and go to great lengths to ensure drivers are home for important events.